Wednesday, October 1, 2008

There goes the neighborhood!

I am determined to have a good attitude about this transition.  I am excited to see so many of the journals I enjoy, heading to Blogger as well.  My new home is very simple at this time.  No window treatments, no pictures hanging on the walls and the garage is full of half packed boxes of entries I am not sure I will keep.

I did learn one thing tonight while pacing around the empty rooms of my blogger journal, I had actually started a journal there in 2005 and there have been a lot of great features added.  All I had to do was update my template and voile, I had attachments.  Not sure what to do with all of them yet but I am learning.  I am open to your suggestions and Bucko, please let me know if I fixed the problem with the URL.

Some of you have been having a bit of a problem with the setup and poor Suzy's journal (I don't recall having a memory problem) is blocked while they try to determine if she has created a SPAM blog!  Good grief!  As I told Suzy, when they saw us coming they probably said, "There goes the neighborhood!"  LOL

What they do not realize (yet) is we are a loyal bunch and will create new networks and continue to enjoy the creativity of the journaling community, just in a new 'hood.

My plan is to copy and paste some of my favorite entires from here, over there.  Wish me luck with that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your good attitude about the move.

I'm anxious about it.  I tried to copy and paste an entry over but it did not work to my expectations.  My animated graphics were not moving, etc.

The migration is supposed to move our entire Journal over for us correct?  This does not mean we have to copy all ov our files right?

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

Karen from How I See It can be found at nwm64@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I am putting you on my list right now.  Look forward to seeing you.  
Lori
http://lori-dustypages.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I still did not have the option to "Follow" this blog.  But I was able to copy your URL and then go to my dashboard and hit "add" to blogs I follow and paste the URL.  So I can now follow you :o)

Anonymous said...

They gave me the keys the next day. I suspect the beagles made a phone call for me :-)