Thursday, September 29, 2005

I was just seconds away

I had been working on an entry this evening in between conversations on the phone, watching "The Apprentice" and visiting with my son.  I had done the editing.  I had added humor and pathos in appropriate measure.  And, just as I was ready to send it out into the blog world, I got a New Entry Alert for the journal owned by Jimmy, the StupidSheetGuy

From the little preface I could view in the pop-up, I saw that it was a very serious entry.  It was a prayer for someone in the J-land community who is very ill.  I stopped in my tracks.

How great is this international community where people who have often never met, care enough to reach out to one another?  We share each other's joys, sorrows, frustrations, fears, wins and losses.  We are here for each other and I am glad to be part of a world that has the capacity to unite... and heal the broken heart, sooth the bruised ego, show support when the dreams are shattered, offer prayers when spirits are low.  It is what we do when we care.

 

Thank you, Jimmy.  My "Seven Most Common Grammar Errors Seen on the Internet" will have to wait for another day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister!
This is a place like no other...
andi

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing, I feel like people on here are closer then my friends in "real life" it's like we have this secret underground ring of cyber friends... My fiance thinks it is absolutlely weird lol- but I love it to death! It is the best thing I have ever came across, people actually care and listen, and in that everyone gains a respect and appreciation for one another.  We share everything, and never once have I felt like holding back... We are all blessed to have found each other and JLand! Great Entry, it touched me, and I will pray.
<3 Amanda

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Jimmy cause well you rock.  We are a family even if we don't know one another.  So lets all pray for Promise and say amen.
Maybe tomorrow she will be on the fast track to health and we can all laugh at the "Seven Most Common Grammar Errors on the Internet".

Terra

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful place here!!!  I love the support and the closeness of all these people miles and miles away...I just moved to california and don't know anyone so these people are pretty much my outside world, lol!!!  I have seen other entries about the person who is ill and it touched me.  It is very touching and you grow pretty close to a lot of people!  Im so glad to be apart of this sort of "bond" in the journal land! ; )
~emily

Anonymous said...

This is an incredible community!
xoox

Anonymous said...

Well said and so true; will wait for your seven most common grammar errors seen on the internet when you redo it - I'm sure I practice all seven.

betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!! I feel bad, but I lost your link somehow. Im glad I found you again!!

I feel bad that I only commented once, and never came back.

Usually I keep up with my reading...

This community is great! Ive been here for two years now, the people are amazing, theres just such love out there

talk soon!
love, meg

glad to see your joining on all the VIVI fun!

hehe

Anonymous said...

I'm relatively new here in J-Land and it's been wonderful to discover a lovely side benefit to keeping a journal - this great community!

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

It is an incredible mesh of people just being people......now if we could just bottle it up and sell it to the world.......*sigh*
Jodi

Anonymous said...

It's nice to always have a place to call "home", and to know the "door" is always open to meet new people every day. I'm happy I found this place. Glad you did too.


Jimmy