Thursday, September 25, 2008

ABC - Air Balloons and a Camera

 

Things have been so crazy for me since I went back to work, trying to catch up with everything that must be complete before the end of the month.  I am just not getting enough sleep.  But, what do I do when I get home?  I get online, read other people's journals, leave some comments (but never enough), try to figure out my camera, fiddle around with this computer I inherited from my brother, save tags from the new tag group I have joined, organize pictures into folders, answer emails and maybe, just maybe, I add a new entry of my own. 

I stopped earlier at Walgreens and, now that I have my most recent pictures saved to a disk, I can show you some of the shots I got this past weekend at the air balloon festival.  I love my camera!!  Three years of using disposables will make you appreciate most anything but this is really user friendly and I have not even taken any of the free classes offered with the purchase - yet. I can hardly wait to learn about lighting and aperture and filters.  I am pleased that I got the zoom lens since some of my favorite shots were taken with it.

At the festival, they started with a small air show which was fun.  This is where I ended up with so many shots of the jumpers' backsides.  I will spare you the other 20 views and share my favorites.

And, then there were the balloons. 

 

I have never been this close to a launch before so it was fascinating to see how involved it all is and to watch the crew.

And, this was the last shot I got before my camera battery died. Talk about your failure to launch!!  It was still so pretty and my granddaughter, Miss L, kept pointing and saying Wow!

The perfect end to a wonderful vacation!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!  I love hot air balloons.  Have always wanted to go up on one but never have.  My mom and dad won a ride years ago and said it was sensational.  So quiet!  My sister's inlaws live just east of DelMar, CA where balloons go up most evenings.  One night, one crashed on their ivy covered hill and into the side of their garage.  None of the 8 people aboard was injured. Lucky them!  

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots of the ballons!  It looks like you had a fun day.

Hugs, Rose

http://journals.aol.com/rjsisti/roses-are-read

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures!!! there's something majestic about a hot air balloon isn't there? to watch it floating through the sky, taking off etc! sounds like you and your grand-daughter had a wonderful time there! I was always amazed how loud it with the gas they use (or whatever technique LOL)

enjoy the weekend; I'm with you, never seems to be enough time to get it all done :)

betty

Anonymous said...

At least you got to just watch the rest without being distracted by your camera, lol! I used to see balloons around here fairly often, but not in a few years.

Anonymous said...

wow that musta been neat to see

Anonymous said...

HEY, U ARE ALMOST A PROFESSIONAL..GOOD PICTURES. I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS AND MOSTLY SCREW UP WHEN I HAVE TO POST..LOL. ROBERTA

Anonymous said...

you have some wonderful balloon shots here!  i had the privilege of attending a balloon festival year for the first time and had lots of fun.  :)  thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving comment. :)
gina

Anonymous said...

Oh_I love the balloons-somtimes a balloon goes over us and I grab the camera
but never ever get a good clear shot.
Thanks for the visit on Anyway....
connie

Anonymous said...

     Wow is right. What an incredible event.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/Jmorancoyle/MyWay