Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

What a great time I had visiting with my son and getting to see more of Colorado.  I had only been there in the winter previously and always thought it was beautiful.  Getting to see it at this time of year was wonderful since I could enjoy so much more of the contrast in the land. It was about a week too soon to see the Aspens at their peak but I caught a glimpse of what was to come. I loved it all!!

I cannot remember all the places Sport pointed out but I know we saw the follow cities/towns/communities/points of interest.

Denver, Aspen, Buena Vista, Salida, Vail, Breckenridge, Independence Pass, Continental Divide, Arkansas River, Twin Lakes, Mt Princeton, Mt Shavano, Mt Elbert,  Mt Yale, Pyramid Peak, Maroon Lake

Denver skyline - from Sport's living room

 

 

Denver's Bronco Bowl - as seen from Sport's window

Mt Princeton - on the way to Salida

Beautiful scenery at Maroon Lake

Just a hint of Aspens changing colors.

Finally found some changing aspens.

Old Monarch Pass

I think this is Mt Shavano

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice pictures
john

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!   I have a friend in "Elizabeth" Colorado and I always drool over her pictures.

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!!! Colorado is such a pretty state!!! we were in Salida one time on a whim; it is a beautiful town, small at the time, (1998-ish); bet its grown up some since then

I bet spring would be an equally gorgeous time to see it with trees blooming, etc

thanks for sharing the pictures :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Great photos!  I hear Colorado is beautiful but I have never been there.  I enjoyed your pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.  So glad you had such a qulaity visit with your Sport :o)

Anonymous said...

That sure is beautiful! I haven't been there either, but I have hopes.