Sunday, October 23, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 80 + Public Service Announcement

I had a great post-VIVI follow-up entry all prepared and when I went to add a picture I lost the whole thing!!!  Grrrrrrr ... That just takes the wind out of my sails so I am grateful to the Saturday Six and Sunday Seven to kick start me ... AGAIN!   Enjoy.

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions.  Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit!  If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment here. 


1. How many products throughout your home are labelled "antibacterial."

Only the liquid hand soap by each of the sinks.

2. As a general rule, and assuming any required knocking on wood, how often do you get anything more serious than a sniffle or mild cold?

I have not been sick with a cold or anything more serious, congestion-related, for at least four years.  Here's my Public Service Announcement: When I first feel the scratchy throat or a runny nose coming on, I immediately take 4,000 mg of Vitamin C.  Then two hours later I take another 2,000 mg.  It kicks those bugs' butts.  I had cousins with Cystic Fibrosis so even the slightest cold was critical for them and this was what my aunt always swore by.  It has been very successful for me and my family. 

You really need to get the Vitamin C in your system within the first hour when you feel the first symptom.  If you get too much Vitamin C your body will just flush it out so do not worry.  You will not over-dose.  I now keep a bottle of Vit-C in several places for easy access!! 

3. John Scalzi ran
this story about research that suggests the increased use of "antibacterial" products aren't necessary for people who are generally healthy, and might be causing the creation of "superbugs" that are resistant to antibiotics.  Are you more likely to avoid these products after reading about studies like this?

Yes.  It just makes sense.

4. Take this
quiz:  Will you pass the U.S. Citizenship Test?

I took this test before and barely passed.  How embarrassing.

5. Now that the gas prices have dropped just a little (but nowhere near enough), what's the most you've paid for a gallon of gas so far?

I found it for $2.46 a gallon yesterday but the highest I paid was $3.29. 


6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #76 from
Psychfun:   What was your favorite cereal as a kid?  When was the last time you had a bowl of it?

I hated breakfast - always!  But my mother insisted I eat something every morning so I consistently had a bowl of Cocoa Krispies.  I have not had a bowl of it since Junior High and I do not even think it is on the market any more.  Too bad.  It was good stuff!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Cocoa Krispies.  Had a bowl not long ago.  I hate when the journals monster eats our stuff.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Wow. We haven't had Cocoa Crispies in years. It still amazes us how something so totally artificial could taste so good. That's up there with the all-time favorites.
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with vitamin C and the first sign of sickness. As a precaution, I always take 1,500 mg of vitamin C every morning and then lots if I feel sick. Thankfully, haven't been majorly sick in a long time!

Don't feel bad abou the citizenship test - I got 50%

betty

Anonymous said...

I see breakfast cereal as kibble for people.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was always cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.  ;-)

Anonymous said...

Still can't get over how CHEAP your gas prices are compared with dear old Britain!

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike. I've passed on the Vitamin C tip at least twice today!

Tilly xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/