Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Sunday Seven - Episode 8

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
There are five letters of the alphabet not involved in hurricane names.  Apparently, no one wanted to show the love to the letters Q, U, X, Y or Z.  Pick one of those five letters and come up with seven names, male and female, that you'd use for hurricanes.  (Six names would be required for the current set of six lists, and the seventh name would be a back-up in case one of the first six needs to be retired.)

Either answer the question in a comment or answer it in your journal and include the link in a comment. 

I'm going with Z:

Zachary

Zelda

Zed

Zane

Zena

Zola

Zoe

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the names; I chose "Y" which is hard to come up with. I think it would be fun to name a girl Zoe.

betty

Anonymous said...

Aloha,

I used your exercise as a warm-up for the National Novel Writing Month. It was a good one. I chose "X" and came up with the following names:

   *  Xavier
   * Xena
   * Xander
   * Xitij
   * Xanax (My favorite. How appropriate to name a storm after a medicine for anxiety attacks.)
   * Xenia
   * Xiao

Thank you for getting my brain cells moving. I'm Tropical Screamer and my blog is located here:

http://tropicalscreamer.blogspot.com/

Aloha.

Tropical Screamer

Anonymous said...

Excellent choices. Now if only the NOAA is paying attention.
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

Zane!  How could I forget Zane???  I have a cousin Zane & I love that name.  Darn it.  Can I change my list?